• Login or Register Here.
  • Login is located in the upper right corner of all pages.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jeep AC banging!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok!!,i changed the blend doors.tho they wernt broke!,replaced the blend door actuator motor and the fan motor,pulled a vacuum overnite(again) went to fill and found out the self sealing cans take a different adapter,so to the auto parts store i went!,this morning its in the low 70's and pretty humid,so after 2 and a partial cans i took a short drive,getting air around 30 degrees out the vents,high side is around 150,low cycles between 35 or so and down to the 20's when the compressor cycles,so?,is it gonna work in hotter weather??

Comment

Sound like it. I ran into the same thing you did about the self sealing cans, Tried one of those "adaptors" (blue plastic thingy) and threw it in the trash. Mastercool makes a can tapper for the new cans, and I would recommend it after buying one and trying it.

Comment

While out get another thermometer it really can't be 30F at vents. IDK, use an in-out household wired one, infrared good for solid metal best, and a meat thermos also still not out $30 for those I think they must match or odd one trashed. Too important like the whole game that isn't a game.

Those cans? I got the blue adaptors may get tossed too they leak despite the prong is dull not puncturing those. I did get a solid brass sharp tap to work and stay sealed without but don't see that one anymore. Talk about stuff to just screw things up would choke the butt head who thought up those cans! Yes if right I can run those thru real gauges not the junk plastic crap they'll gladly sell,
        Tom
        MetroWest, Boston

Comment

i didnt get the plastic POS i got a brass jobber,the tap is left hand thread!!,and the part that screws into the hose ios bigger than the regular hose ends,ill find out in a few days if they leak or not!!

Comment

Last time I bought R134a (Walmart) there were 12 oz. cans both with the newfangled "seal" and the traditional type, both $4.88.

I bought the traditional type.

Comment

Cusser - A/C "stuff" can be competitive where you are it's just an annoying thing for stores that takes up space get rid of stuff for the next season you couldn't give it away soon so dump it. You get that stuff or must.

It's sad but this new idea isn't so great I still have wild amounts of the old can type and new 30lb bottles. I tend to like the small stuff - just getting old don't want to carry or move heavy stuff if I don't have to. On new vs old: Name anything (there might be a few) things that are new that are actually better than what it replaced. It's not a long list!
              Tom
              MetroWest, Boston

Comment

Working...
              X