• Login or Register Here.
  • Login is located in the upper right corner of all pages.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 Nissan Hardbody hot air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The air gap was correct. I drove this truck 40 miles Monday. It cooled perfect for about one half of those miles and then back like it was before. Vent temperature was at 65 degrees. When I got back I checked and the compressor was running. I let it sit all day and that afternoon I drove it 4 miles to my home and vent temp got down to 39 degrees. . I give up. When it was blowing warm air I didn't put the gauges on it because the engine compartment was just too hot so I can say what the compressor was doing. I also replaced the fan clutch back when I was first having this problem. No big deal because I have a newer truck to use but this one just got me puzzled.

Comment

Originally posted by sixputt View Post
      It cooled perfect for about one half of those miles and then back like it was before. Vent temperature was at 65 degrees. When I got back I checked and the compressor was running.
      The time to check for compressor engagement is WHEN it stops cooling !!! Not after you got back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cusser View Post

The time to check for compressor engagement is WHEN it stops cooling !!! Not after you got back.
        It wasn't cooling when I got back and compressor was turning.

Comment

Oh my sixputt - there's now 79 posts on this! Maybe start a new thread and update it with just most recent and pertinent details?
          65 for vent temp is IMO fine if you just started out and vehicle is overwhelmed. Erratic is a problem.

Check right when it does that as Cusser said not later. First, if me or mine just touch feel lines are warm or cold to touch (careful of course) and that compressor is engaged.

Erratic like that can be icing, when ice melts if so it will work better for a while hence 39F at vent you really shouldn't see that if real.

Fan clutches? Stinks but lots in my stable, one still OE (25 yrs) is slow but fast enough for engine so stays vs the failure issues with new! Thermostatic ones that are just horrible, stay on too long or don't react fast enough.

One more: Make sure this is clear of debris at condenser and in between that and radiator if foliage or other like insects are an issue where you use it most,

Tom
          MetroWest, Boston

Comment

Working...
          X